Thursday, February 07, 2008

Four Seasons Quilt Swap: Sent



This is the quilt I made for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. It was based on a design I saw at the Madison Quilt Expo so I located the designer through an internet search (scary, isn't it?!) and we emailed back and forth a little about the design and he gave me permission to use it in my quilt. I wanted the quilt to look like gifts wrapped with ribbon. The back was made during a fun freeform afternoon using leftover scraps and a little of my stash thrown in. It was really fun to make a quilt for a stranger and the whole "secret Santa" aspect of it was intriguing!

I thought I would have time to work on it-- I forgot I had holiday crafting to complete, a vacation to Mexico, Talia's school break, sicknesses, etc. The only thing I wanted to do with it was turn the blocks on point, like the original work. I have never done a quilt on point and this was going to be a new skill for me. In the end, I just didn't have enough time so I skipped it but added a pieced back which not stress inducing-- it was actually kind of relaxing!

After a whirlwind of projects, both sewing and otherwise, I haven't really been in my craft room that much in the past two or three weeks. Instead I've been spending my "spare" time (about 10 minutes per day) reading my garden books and getting excited for that new challenge.

No comments: