Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Project


I'm going to try to turn this painting into a small quilt for Talia. I've never done any major applique so it will be interesting to see how it turns out (no pun intended-- get it? "needle turn applique"-- get it?). I traced the drawing backwards onto freezer paper, ironed the pieces onto the wrong side of the fabric and cut them out. Now I'm going to turn the raw edges (do I sew into the paper or under the paper? I've seen both methods described online) and then sew them onto the main fabric. Any help with this project (since I don't have enough other projects going on...) would be appreciated (so any of you expert applique people feel free to point me in the right direction). It's nice to have some hand work to do, then I can catch up on some bad tv while I work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: