Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Another Hop Skip Jump Quilt-- basted!


I've been working on this one for a while-- I just need to quilt it and bind it so I can send it to a new baby in Holland! The joke is that the first quilt I made for big brother Yoav was really tiny-- about the size of a receiving blanket (that's being generous). I have since made Yoav a bigger quilt. I was going to make this one only three rows but I didn't want it to be square. I had enough fabric cut to add the fourth row so I went for it. Now it looks ridiculously large for a baby quilt. I'm going to quilt it really simply so it should only take an afternoon or two-- that is, if I ever got an afternoon or two... I'm hoping to finish the whole thing this week. The baby is at least a month old by now!

This is based on the pattern Hop Skip Jump by Denyse Schmidt (I did it freehand). This is the second one I've made.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: