Monday, September 17, 2007

a Spinny Dress


None of T's dresses are "spinny enough" so I've been meaning to make her a layered, gathered spinny dress for a long time. I was a bit scared of gathering but I *do* enjoy learning new sewing techniques so I finally took the time to figure it out. I definitely didn't think I would be able to "set in" sleeves (another technique on my "to learn" list) so I came up with an idea that I personally think is genius (if I do say so myself). I bought a shirt from Target and sewed the skirt of the dress to the shirt. It's soft on top and spinny at the bottom. Quite easy as well. I used fabric I had in my stash but you really need long pieces for it and I mostly have 1/4 and 1/2 yards lying around so I used fabric from "The Princess Quilt." I wonder if anyone at school will notice her dress matches her blanket? Talia seems quite satisfied with the level of spinniness (whew). Many more of these dresses to come!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: