Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A bit of confidence

Had a good day today. It was my first day alone with the two kids. Alex woke up every 2 hours or so but went to sleep easily (but only in the bed with me, not so much in his co-sleeper). I stopped breastfeeding. It makes me cry and I don't know how I would do it with a toddler too, considering I have low milk supply and would be doing it 24/7. Anyway... we had a playdate in the park and it was a beautiful day. We got in the car ok, we got to lunch ok (although I had to push two stroller at the same time- will be buying the Joovy Caboose Stroller tomorrow), and MIRACULOUSLY, we all napped at the same time-- for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. Don't know what will happen when that doesn't work...

Been thinking about child care in general and what help I'm going to need. Talia's preschool ends June 5th. Might have to find someone for a few hours Tuesdays and Thursdays, maybe Mondays too. Definitely need to find someone for Madison, since Talia is only going to go three mornings a week. (I have to check if there is more availability than that...). Never thought I would want a nanny but now I see how that could be a benefit with two kids. I'm still tired from the birth for fuck's sake! What I really want is a housekeeper (and maybe a nanny too!)

If I can make it to vote today (less than a block away), then I'll really feel like I've got it together. I don't know who I'll vote for but whatever!

No comments: