Monday, March 26, 2007

A book dilemma

What would you do if you were reading a book and it was ok but you didn't really like it. What if you'd read 200 pages already and were halfway through it? I'm reading Snow by Orhan Pamuk. It's not boring (a revolution is going on) but I'm completely bored. The most intriguing reason to keep reading is to figure out why everyone else liked it (an NYT best seller and much acclaimed) and to see if it's going to get any better. At this point I don't have anything else on my nightstand to read (see previous post about how I mostly only read borrowed books) but the thought that this might be the last book I read before I give birth is really disappointing. I don't like to be a quitter (that doesn't mean I'm not a quitter-- I am. I will.) especially when it comes to reading. At the same time, the person who gave it to me even said that she didn't finish it either. So maybe I'll go to the bookstore or the library today.

No comments: