Saturday, October 11, 2008

What We're Eating: Crockpot Potatoes and Pesto


Here's a fact about me: I just don't love potatoes. I mean, I like french fries ok but mostly as a vehicle for ketchup-- which I don't really get to eat much as a vegetarian. I enjoy a good potato salad now and again and maybe mashed potatoes once a year. I just don't want to eat potatoes as a side or main dish for dinner. Ever.

We have gotten many many many potatoes from our CSA. Every week we're getting a few pounds. I gave some away, used some for potato salad (twice) and roasted them with fresh rosemary for breakfast. The other night I found a crockpot recipe that called for sauteed onions with sundried tomatoes, layered with 1/4 inch sliced potatoes and pesto. I even had pesto in my freezer that my mother in law gave me this spring. Leave it on low for 8 hours. I was happy to use the potatoes for something. Ron really enjoyed it. I thought it was ok but then again, I really don't like potatoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: