Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencil: Kids' Artwork


I've been meaning to do this project ever since Talia started developing representational art skills. I gave her a thick sharpie and had her draw on freezer paper. Then I used an exacto knife to cut out the drawing and ironed it onto a T shirt. I only took a photo of the beginning of her drawing (Sorry). I edited out a lot of the elements (a teddy bear, a house, beds, a flower) for simplicity and I moved Alex's name to the bottom (it basically said taliaalex without any space). That is Talia's exact handwriting and her exact drawing of herself and her brother. I painted the stencil with fabric paint, let it dry and pulled the freezer paper off. As Talia might say, "Tah-dah!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kat said...

Beautiful!
I love it, very very cute.