Friday, January 21, 2011

Miso-Glazed Cod


I made fish tonight! Ron hates fish and therefore didn't love it but he did eat it and I thought it was great! And easy! I used Ellie Krieger's recipe for Miso Glazed Cod and as well as her Miso Snap Peas recipe (although I jazzed it up by adding uncooked packaged broccoli slaw and a fresh red pepper- I mean, if you're going to go to all that trouble to COOK her dressing ON THE STOVE you may as well get a big hearty salad from it...). In retrospect, perhaps Ellie didn't leave the cod skin on but that was the best part by far. I never cook fish (because of Ron) or meat (because of me) so I was definitely a little anxious about it. I may have also set a little fire using my broiler for, I think, practically the first time ever (it was broken for three years) but the fish ended up perfectly cooked to all's well that ends well, right? I'm always amazed at how simple and easy cooking a protein for dinner is. I think my life would be a lot easier if I ate some meat or if Ron would eat some fish.

We've been watching a lot of cooking shows at my house. Alex and Shayna are sick and for some reason that means Alex wants to watch the Food Network all day. Maybe it's because he knows I'll watch it with him. We definitely bond over cooking shows. Hopefully I'll be inspired by another recipe tomorrow. I did see this shrimp one but Ron will NOT allow it...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: