Tuesday, September 02, 2008

San Diego with Kids


We had a great time on our vacation to San Diego. The highlight was definitely Legoland-- If you are ever looking for something to do in San Diego with young kids, Legoland would be my top choice. It was really fun for both kids. It's nice to go to an amusement park that actually has lots of activities for a toddler. The water park part of it was a refreshing treat in the middle of the day. More vacation pictures to come...

We have a big week ahead of us with school starting up again on a new schedule for T, new activities and times, new people to clean the house (I can't wait!) and more. Alex is starting his first activity next week-- a music class! I may have to put him in a gym class too; he needs some structured activities with other kids his age.

The garden is winding down. There are still many tomatoes, some new eggplants and peppers growing also. The yellow squash just shrivelled up and died, which I think gave new life (well, sun actually-- isn't it the same?) to the peppers and eggplants. A few green beans are growing but only enough to snap off and eat right then and there. My herbs seem to have taken a beating while I was gone. They are drying out and also flowering at the tops-- too many to pick off at this point. This is all ok with me-- I'm ready to gear up for fall and start taking my extracurricular activities *inside* (quilting quilting quilting!). Of course, it's going to be 90 degrees out tomorrow but if I remember correctly summer turns to fall kind of suddenly around here. I think it was really warm in the beginning on October and then really cold by the end last year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

two thumbs up! you have very cute kids. i like the pic!


peace,

TODDLER ACTIVITY