Saturday, December 08, 2007

I take naps now!



Alex has finally learned how to take a nap. He will sleep 2 hours in the morning if conditions are right. Of course, you have to be careful what you wish for-- he often falls asleep in the car when I'm taking Talia to school. I have to beg someone I know to either take Talia in or wait in the car with Alex while I do it. I feel bad asking this of people but I just CAN'T wake him up! Then I have the dilemma of what to do next. When it wasn't so cold I was able to drive home and leave him in the car with some blankets and a baby monitor in the garage. Now it's too cold to do that. So I can sit in the car for two hours (and waste gas and ruin the environment) or wake him. I've been listening to some books on tape and the next thing I'm going to do is maybe cut a small quilt to hand-quilt while I'm sitting. If I try to go home before he falls asleep I'm stuck at home all day and will never get my errands done. And then if I do go home and he DOESN'T take a nap I will be frustrated. I know I'm not the only person with this problem and it's time limited so I guess I shouldn't complain... Somehow Alex also seems to fall asleep in the car when I'm picking Talia UP from school too. It's embarassing the way I scope the parking lot for the parents of her classmates...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

I also went through this issue with my son who is now 18 months old, and my daughter who is in Kindergarten. Last year we started using the carpool lane - this was mainly to help me with the napping issue. At our school, I pull up in front of the school, 5th graders who are the 'courtesy crew' open and shut the car/van door and help the little kids get to the door of the school, then the kids shake the principal's hand at the door and walk to their classes. It is wonderful. It was hard at first, but now I think it really gives my daughter a sense of independance, and I think she's proud to be such a 'big girl' that she can use the carpool lane. Ha ha!