Saturday, December 08, 2007

Follow your heart


I was a little impatient with Talia yesterday while she was (not) getting ready for school. Alex has a cold and I'm a little extra sleep-deprived. I kept telling her to get dressed, eat breakfast, get her snow boots on etc. and was getting very frustrated with her pokiness. This was how she described her feelings about the situation:

"I'm trying to follow my own heart and you just want me to follow yours!"

Perhaps we're watching and reading too many princess stories?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

Hilarious! Is she in Kindergarten yet? I have such a hard time getting my daughter to do what she needs to in the morning too. I have started getting her dressed with shoes on before breakfast, that way I have time to make her and my son breakfast, and she's all ready to brush her teeth and head out the door when she's done eating. It's been better recently, so we'll see how it goes. Don't you just love the little princess though?