Saturday, June 04, 2011

Pasta with Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Tomatoes, Arugula and Goat Cheese


This was recipe #3 in my effort to cook 4 recipes from Cooking Light magazine (May 2011). Sometimes I get the magazines but never get around to making anything from them and this was a good challenge to myself to keep up the cooking this week. This recipe was dynamite. I followed it exactly, except I substituted orchiette pasta cause that's what I had. I also followed my own personal cooking motto, which is "more more more" and more or less doubled the recipe. I always use as much as I have when it comes to vegetables so I used a HUGE bunch of asparagus and a HUGE bunch of cherry tomatoes and pretty much doubled the vinaigrette. Again, it's kinda sorta a pasta salad but I served it warm and that counts as dinner. The arugula, goat cheese and olives were just the right accompaniment.

Pasta with Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Tomatoes, Arugula and Goat Cheese

Ron didn't think it would be good reheated the next day so he left it at home instead of taking it to work. His loss because it was awesome. The arugula heated up like it was spinach and it was just divine!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: