Thursday, June 02, 2011

Pasta with pistachios, green beans and lemon thyme vinaigrette


I'm trying to make an entire week's worth of meals (about 4 dinners) from my Cooking Light Magazine. I'm not even sure if it's the most current issue - it's just the one that's been in my bathroom for the last week. Two nights ago I made their Gemelli pasta with pistachios, haricot verts and lemon thyme vinaigrette.

http://m.myrecipes.com/details/searchR.rbml?id=50400000111785.xml&bcat=search&cat=Search%20Result

It's supposed to be a pasta salad but I served it warm so that makes it dinner. I made it with a mix of half boxes of pastas that I had lying around (if the cooking time is the same, you can safely mix different shapes). And I used plain old regular green beans instead of haricot verts, of course. I actually cooked them separately in boiling water because I didn't have enough room in the pasta pot. Since when do I need a pound and a half of pasta for my entire family!?! I boiled them for 8 minutes, drained them and ran them under cold water to keep them looking bright green.

Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. The only change I would suggest is to add the lemon juice from the lemon (you're suppose to just use the zest) to the dish - either to the vinaigrette or just over the entire thing. It was a great dish for our first dinner outside on the porch!

Last night I made ancho chili street tacos, adapted from another Cooking Light recipe. They were out of this world! And super easy! Hopefully I can post that later.

No comments: