Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Peasant Bread

I made my second batch from the cookbook Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. We ate three loaves from my first batch (it's supposed to be 4 loaves so I'm not sure what happened...) and they were delicious. For my second batch I tried the recipe for European Peasant Bread, which has some rye and whole wheat flour in it. I may have undercooked it slightly, as the crust was a little soft and the inside a little bit gummy. So far we haven't let any of the loaves cool before we ate them, which can also result in a slightly undercooked taste and consistency. It is *really* hard to wait! I have enough dough for two or three more loaves so I'll have a chance to play around with the baking time. Doesn't it look fantastic though? I thoroughly recommend this book!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had that book sitting on my shelf for oh....7 months or longer. Your post inspired me to make my first batch last night. We baked a loaf for dinner tonight and wow! I can't believe how good it is for how little work goes into it. Thanks for the inspiration.

I love all your vegetarian recipes. Thank you for posting them!