Monday, November 24, 2008

First Snowy Day


Today is the first time this season that snow has accumulated in Madison. Being the fantastic mother that I am, I actually took the kids out. Talia had a hundred problems getting dressed-- mostly due to her itchiness, which I had mostly forgotten about since last year. Her skin doesn't LOOK or FEEL particularly dry but she is sooooooo itchy all the time, especially in the winter. I don't know what her problem is. She couldn't wear her new snowsuit because she then couldn't reach her itchy spots. It was ridiculous, really. She also had problems with her boots (too tight) and her gloves (she couldn't scratch herself) and after it was all over she freaked out in general because I told her she could not have hot chocolate. The whole point of me taking them out in the snow was so that I could move them out of the house and closer to my goal of going to the grocery store. So she couldn't have hot chocolate until we came home from the store. Nor would I stop and put her new earrings in, which she had forgotten about until that moment. Plus I didn't want her to change her pants because I told her not to make snow angels unless she was wearing her snowpants. Then she just. couldn't. hurry. up. Just a typical morning trying to get her out of the house.

This was Alex's first time in the snow as a toddler and he really enjoyed it but wouldn't wear the mittens I bought him. I don't blame him-- what can you do with mittens on? The new boots I got for him worked beautifully and Talia's old snowpants fit great. He was able to walk around quite well and was generally happy, which seems to be his disposition. It wasn't too cold out and the snow is mostly gone by now. I have a pile of wet boots, pants, gloves etc to dry and put away but considering that was our only activity of the day and the kids were good at the grocery store (I had to feed them bread, an apple, goldfish, and buy a water bottle) I guess that's ok.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I'm glad someone enjoyed it. The roads were terrible coming into work this morning. Hopefully it'll last through Thanksgiving.

~Niki~ said...

You're invited! To the LAST PUSH quilt-a-thon I am having . Come see what it's all about!
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
The more the merrier! Spread the word, and grab the button! Quilty hugs! Remember, Dec 13 is the special day! Niki in AZ