Wednesday, July 02, 2008

What We're Eating: Radish Feta Salad



I grew something! These are the last of the radishes from my garden. I can't believe how easy they were to grow. I never really cared much for radishes-- I only planted them because I heard they were easy and really quick. I loved watching them grow and it was very satisfying to have a crop of anything so early in the season. I have definitely grown to enjoy eating them as well. I sliced these up, drizzled them with olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and fresh mint. We've had mint growing on the side of our house from the previous owners. We have a TON so if you need some, let me know! There seems to be two kinds-- regular mint like you get in the store and maybe a spearmint as well? or a chocolate mint (is there such a thing?) I have soooo much. I love not having to buy herbs at a store. They are so very overpriced. I have basil, parsley, sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme now. I have a little tarragon but it doesn't seem to be growing. If anyone has a good herb cookbook to recommend, let me know. I'd like to use more of the herbs I have. Also, I now have an empty spot in my garden so if anyone has an idea of what I can put in there that is appropriate for this part of the growing season, please tell me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anno said...

HI there,
There is such a thing as chocolate mint. Rub one of the leaves between your fingers and smell your fingers...if it smells like an after 8, it is indeed chocolate mint growing in your garden. You can steep it to make tea :)
Anno (someone you don't know living in Canada who stumbled upon your blog by accident :) )