Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Prize Jar: Bribes Work... sometimes

Can you believe I have a 3 1/2 year old who rarely sleeps through the night? I went to Party City and bought about a dozen little prizes under $1, like a ball with a butterly on it, a Hello Kitty pencil, a Cinderella Pez dispenser etc. and put them in a jar. I told Talia that she could have a prize if she went to sleep without making a big fuss, didn't call for us overnight (thunderstorms excluded, of course) and didn't get out of bed until her clock said 7:00. Well... it totally worked! She got each of her prizes in the morning and now that we're out of prizes she still seems to be sleeping through the night without a problem. Whew.

Of course, I have promised her everything in the world if she would JUST POOP ON THE POTTY. She's been peeing on the potty for almost a year. I mean, really! What's the problem?

No comments: