Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Alex's Car Playmat / Messenger Bag





I made Alex a car playmat that folds up into a messenger bag. He loves it. I used this pattern from Gingercakes with a few changes. My sister and I used to make elaborate villages out of Fisher Price houses and Little People. I feel like I'm always trying to get the kids to play villages with me. I keep buying them playhouses and dollhouses - anything to start a village building frenzy. It doesn't really work. They might play that way for a little while but would rather do their own thing. Which I guess I should accept. This playmat is sort of a take along village. It has a school area, a hiking park, a candy store and cupcake cafe, a science museum, a zoo, a construction site, a fire station, an airport, traffic, a playground, two housing complexes and a roadway. I am in the process of making Talia a girly one as well. I went on a fabric frenzy after I started making these two. They aren't that big so I have to be VERY selective as to what fabric I choose!

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I would love to see but your photos aren't displaying. bummer

Unknown said...

you are amazing - - what a fabulous idea....do you ever sleep or are you always imagining the next project??

Nikki said...

I'm always thinking of multiple projects- and stressing about the ones I haven't finished yet!