Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've done some more knitting...




I finished Alex's hat and made one for myself. Mine's a slouchy hat and looks a little too hippie-ish for me but is really fun anyway. I got the pattern off Ravelry, which is a new discovery. Wow, what an awesome website! Last night I started a hat for Shayna. I was going to make her a matching bunny ear hat but... she already has one (though it's newborn sized) and she'll just pull it off anyway. I'm going with the marshmallow bonnet from the same book (shout out to a Madison author, woo hoo!). Hopefully the chin strap will help Shayna keep her hat on. Then I promise promise promise I'll make one for Ron. The only problem is... I REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO QUILTING. I have some major projects to finish and get underway. Knitting is just so much more social. I can do it and still sort of take care of my kids. I can knit while I'm spending time with Ron. I can hold a conversation. I can't quilt and do anything else with it except maybe listen to the radio or watch a little mindless tv. Certain people (like my nephew Joel who is now over 3 months old and hasn't received his quilt yet!) are suffering.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: