Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sesame Street Quilt


A Sesame Street Quilt for my niece's 2nd birthday. There are a lot of special fabrics in there-- some of Talia's clothes, fabrics I used in Talia's princess quilt, fabrics I used in Marley's baby quilt and especially a receiving blanket that was my brother's when he was a baby. I used the 9 patch cut into 4 squares and rotated technique (I'm sure there is a name for it) so it didn't take toooooooooo long. This is for a girl who has everything-- every Elmo thing, anyway. I figure I'm not going to be able to get away with giving her a quilt instead of a toy for too many more years and with a new niece or nephew coming in the summer I suspect Marley won't be getting any more quilts from me for a long long time. While making this quilt, Alex finally figured out who Elmo is and now points to the quilt and says "Melmo!" Sadly, this does not translate into Alex watching Melmo on TV for 5 minutes so I can clean the kitchen. Oh well.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Visiting your blog for the first time! This quilt is FANTASTIC! I absolutely love it. What a Great idea. ;o) ooxx`jodi

Robin Aronson said...

Love, love, love the quilt mania!